Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Redang Lang Tengah.

Ahhh. Finally, I'm back. Like I said in my previous post, I was off to Lang Tengah Island at night. Reached there at around 10.30am the next morning. That's like...a total of nearly 12 hours!! Very tired. But the moment I set my foot on the sandy beaches of Lang Tengah, I can't wait to explore its underwater beauty!! The chalet was pretty awesome too. Everything you will need, they are all there.

The best part of this trip is the snorkelling activity. I got to see so many sea creatures upclose. On the first day of snorkelling, the guide took us to different spots around the island to see various types of fishes and sea corals. At one of the spots, I saw a turtle passed me when I was snorkelling pretty far off from the boat. Quite dangerous of me to swim so far off but oh well, I can swim. =) Immediately, I chased it without hesitating. And I pat it!! So cool!! It wasn't even scared of us humans. On the second day of snorkelling, we were on our way to the Redang Island Marine Park when all of a sudden, we saw a school of dolphins swimming pass the boat. Later in the evening, the guide took some of us to the shark's territory to see some baby sharks. On the way there, I saw stingrays and puffer fish too. According to the guide, he said that we were really lucky to see all of these as not all the other groups get to see them during their trip.

The guide was very friendly too. He showed us so many things that we city people have not seen before. On the last night, he took us along the beach to see the nesting spot of the turtles. Yup. There were eggs there but we were not allowed to touch anything there. But the sad part was, I didn't know mandarin. Throughout the whole trip, he was speaking mandarin. And I had to get the others to translate for me. TT

Overall, its an enjoyable trip. I even got tanned as well. Not sure whether you guys would still recognise me. Haha. Sunburn all over my arms and shoulders. Its so painful. But it was all worth the fun.

Props to PHwa and Kim Li for organising such a wonderful trip. =)


The biggest crab I found on the beach. =__=

*puffs*

No comments: